Boost Your ‘Feel Good’ Hormones And Make Your Life Better !
The hormones and neurotransmitters are accountable for the regulation of our sensations:anxiety, anger, sorrow or wellness, peace, and joy.
Neurotransmitters(chemical messengers), are brain chemicals that pass on signals in between the afferent neuron or neurons.
They connect with receptors located in the brain and the body to control numerous processes including feelings, fear, pleasure, delight, mood, and the understanding of pain.
Psychological intelligence is our ability to determine and handle our emotions, not permitting them to rule over our mind.
4 Main Neurotransmitters
- drives your brain’s reward system
- if you are praised at work for doing a good job, you’ll get a delicious dopamine hit resulting in feelings of well-being
- it drives pleasure-seeking behaviour
- boost it by setting realistic goals (e.g., tidying your desk or sticking to your workout schedule)
- seek out pleasurable healthy activities that have a positive impact on your life.
- a mood-boosting neurotransmitter was made famous by SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressants,
- increase the brain’s serotonin levels by exercising daily.
- both a neurotransmitter and a hormone, oxytocin is called ‘the love hormone.’
- researchers from Claremont University in California have done extensive research on its impact on women, linking oxytocin release to life satisfaction levels
- it play a greater role in women’s physiology and happiness compared to men’s
- spend time with loved ones and being kind to others stimulates oxytocin
- stress blocks the release of oxytocin, so manage your stress, too.
- “runners high”, endorphin can increase happiness
- in turn allows people to deal with extreme pain and stress
- it increases the immune response and decreases hunger.
Natural Ways To Boost Your Happy Hormones
- make minor changes in our lifestyles to activate each one of the above chemicals
- Spend time with loved ones
- Cuddle, hold hands, and exchange information to increase the production of oxytocin. If you find yourself feeling alone, get yourself a cat or a dog
- Exercise 20 to 30 minutes per day is enough
- it produces and increases in the levels of endorphins and serotonin which improve our moods and energy levels
- next time you’re feeling low, go for a brisk walk outside, dance or take a group exercise class and see how your perception changes
- Spend time in the sunshine
- help our bodies synthesise vitamin D, which is needed for the production of brain chemicals such as dopamine and norepinephrine and acetylcholine
- vitamin D is produced by the body in response to skin being exposed to sunlight
- include some fish, fish liver oils, and egg yolks – and in fortified dairy and grain products, however nothing feels better than some time in the sun
- Eat seeds, nuts, chocolate, spicy foods, and carbohydrates
- it can increase the number of happy hormones in our body
- Laugh and cry without inhibition
- it will increase the production of the delighted hormone
- crying can assist to.
- when you feel that you have to cry, do this due to the fact that the body produces endorphins right after you stop crying
- Get a massage it will minimize stress levels because cortisol is changed by dopamine and serotonin
- Enjoy aromatherapy
- smells have a significant result on sensations and scents such as lavender, increased, and vanilla are known to provide a feeling of comfort and security
- pick a perfume that you like and use it frequently. In this way, you will feel good about yourself.
- you need to smile even when you do not feel like smiling
- your brain will be deceived into producing more of the excellent hormones
- this is based on the muscle motion in your face
- Listen to music
- it has an unbelievable effect on us and our mind
- always play music which appeals to you
- popular tunes, chants, or sufi music! It is up to you!
- Master new skills
- Begin to play an instrument! Play a new board video game, find how to crochet or discover an unknown language. The brain enjoys brand-new difficulties!
- Practice appreciation
- be grateful for the things we have in our life
- revealing gratitude makes as positive
- this results in a production of great hormones.
Thanks for reading …