Eliminate Drain and Pipe Odor With This Simple Natural Trick
One of the most common problems in the home can be bad smells coming from your kitchen or bathroom drains and pipes and using air fresheners or sprays is one way to hide drain and pipe odor quickly, but it’s not a long term fix and the odor returns soon enough.
Chemical products can be very aggressive and harmful to both your health and the environment but some home remedies that use natural and inexpensive ingredients can help you achieve similar results.
Vegetable oil and olive oil, should not be disposed of down a sink drain or garbage disposal because fats present in the oils harden when they contact cold water, especially when they were heated during cooking and can create blockages.
The best is to drain the oil from a meaty stir-fry into a cup and discard it in the garbage.
Here is a list of the best ways to unclog and remove bad odor:
- are an old-fashioned way to tackle drain clogs such as oil
- it creates a vacuum seal at the head of the plunger, which pulls trapped water and blockages toward the plunger head
- fat oils solidify when they cool so a plunger can be used to remove them effectively
- Mix a capful of detergent with hot water,
- pour the mixture down the clogged sink
- the hot water should help soften the oil deposits as the detergent breaks them down
- running warm water from the sink’s faucet for a couple of minutes after applying the detergent-hot water mixture to flush out the pipes thoroughly and stop the remaining oil deposits to re-harden.
Homemade Drain Cleaners
Baking soda and vinegar
- Baking soda – ½ cup
- White vinegar – 1 cup
- Warm water – 4 cups
- Put the water on the fire and let it boil.
- Once boiling add vinegar and baking soda.
- Mix and let it boil for 5 minutes
- turn off the heat
- let the mixture rest for another 5 minutes.
- Pour this mix to the pipe .
- Half a cup of common salt
- Tap water
- add the salt in the piping little by little
- open the stream of water for 10 minutes for the water to run.
- don’t throw the coffee grounds after you are finished
- put them through the tubing
- let the water run for 10 minutes
- it will clean the drain and eliminate the bad odors from the pipes .
- do not waste the lemon peel
- boil all the peels in a little water
- let the water sit and pour the mixture through the pipe,
- wait half an hour before using the pipe once again.
- This technique will remove bad odors in the pipes
- you can also add some cloves to the mixture,
- eliminate them before pouring the water into the pipe.
- most of the drain cleaners take effect in 20 to 30 minutes
- flush the affected drain pipe with warm water after using any method to remove all the waste .
Stay smart and keep it natural !