Homemade Coconut Oil Soap – Recipe
Coconut oil soap is abundant in health benefits, moisturizing, firming, clearing, and preventing outbreaks.
Coconut oil itself is packed with a wide array of uses and benefits for the skin, including the following:
- keeps the skin moisturized, healthy, and smooth
- gets rid of dead skin cells
- hydrates extremely dry skin
- prevents and heals microbial infections and treats cold sores
- eliminates toxic matter from the body
- alleviates the pain, itch, and redness of rash
Homemade Coconut Oil Soap Recipe
- 48 ounces of coconut oil
- 48 ounces of olive oil
- 22 ounces of sodium hydroxide (lye)
- 1/3 cup of oat bran
- 1 tablespoon of coffee grounds
- 9 ounces of coffee
- Stainless steel thermometer
- Kitchen scale
- Gloves, protective eyewear, face mask
- Stainless steel pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Hand blender
- Mixing bowls
- Stainless steel spoon
- Silicone spatula
- Parchment paper
- Soap mold
Measure and Mix
- with a kitchen scale measure each of the ingredients in a bowl
- to do this in a well-ventilated area
- wear protective clothing.
- add the sodium hydroxide into the pot with the coffee
- wait for a while so it will be completely dissolved
- set aside and remove the face mask, but not the gloves.
-add the olive oil after melting the coconut oil on low heat
-check the temperature of the mixture by using a thermometer made from stainless steel,
-adjust it to the temperature of the sodium hydroxide solution. That is in the range of 100 and 110 degrees (The difference between the temperatures should be 1 to 2 degrees)-
-pour the lye solution into the oil mixture, use stick blender or hand blender to emulsify until the blend starts to thicken and gets pudding-like texture
-one hour with hand blender and about 5-10 minutes with stick blender
-when the consistence of the soap becomes thick, stir in the coffee grounds and the oat bran with stainless steel spoon or spatula.
Pour and Insulate
-pour the blend carefully into a soap mold
-release any air bubbles by lifting and tapping the mold against the counter several times
-cover the mold with parchment paper and wrap it by using a towel to insulate it.
Let Sit and Cut Bars
-keep the mold wrapped for 24 to 48 hours
-remove the soap from it
-let the soap stay for a few days to harden before cutting it with a sharp knife.
- let the soap bars sit in a cool space which is well-ventilated for weeks to cure
- the process of saponification will be finished
- soap is now ready to use.
http://www.creativepeoplediy.xyz/homemade-coconut-oil-soap-recipe/http://www.creativepeoplediy.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/coconut-oil-soap-step-3.jpghttp://www.creativepeoplediy.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/coconut-oil-soap-step-3-150x150.jpgDiy & CraftCoconut Oil SoapCoconut oil soap is abundant in health benefits, moisturizing, firming, clearing, and preventing outbreaks.Coconut oil itself is packed with a wide array of uses and benefits for the skin, including the following:keeps the skin moisturized, healthy, and smooth gets rid of dead skin cells hydrates extremely dry skin ...Creative People DiyMartin Spasovski[email protected]AdministratorCreative People DIY