Try the 28-day Planking Challenge(VIDEO)
What if you could transform your body in just four minutes? You may think that it’s too good to be true,but with the 28-day Plank Challenge from Women Daily Magazine, by slowly training your body for endurance and strength you will get amazing results.
If you are interested and want to know more about this challenge and its effect to your body then read on to see what you could do for your body in just under a month….
The Plank Challenge is 4 weeks. It starts in plank position for 20 seconds ,then slowly build up stamina until you are planking for 4 minutes during the final weeks.
This is the plan you need to follow:
Day 1 – 20 seconds
Day 2 – 20 seconds
Day 3 – 30 seconds
Day 4 – 30 seconds
Day 5 – 40 seconds
Day 6 – rest
Day 7 – 45 seconds
Day 8 – 45 seconds
Day 9 – 60 seconds
Day 10 – 60 seconds
Day 11 – 60 seconds
Day 12 – 90 seconds
Day 13 – rest
Day 14 – 90 seconds
Day 15 – 90 seconds
Day 16 – 120 seconds
Day 17 – 120 seconds
Day 18 – 150 seconds
Day 19 – rest
Day 20 – 150 seconds
Day 21 – 150 seconds
Day 22 – 180 seconds
Day 23 – 180 seconds
Day 24 – 210 seconds
Day 25 – rest
Day 26 – 210 seconds
Day 27 – 240 seconds
Day 28 – Until failure
How to Properly Plank
The key for sucesss is getting perfecting in the proper planking position. One article in Physical Living, writes :
1. Your arms must be positioned correctly and your elbows set directly under the shoulders for proper weight distribution.
2. The spine remains straight(don’t round out the spine ).
3. Tighten the core to benefit from the exercise.
4. Keep your legs slightly spread without adding pressure to the hip area. Adjust the distance between your feet as you need it.
5. Breath slowly and deliberate so that your core is fully engaged and your body is relaxed.
If you are wondering why The Planking Challenge makes for such is a good workout plan for you then read more . Even though it seems like it’s too simple to be a full body workout,here is what planking does for the body:
1. Tones the stomach- planking uses the core to stabilize the body and carry out the physical demands to stay in planking position. The abdominal muscles are engaged during this workout. ,so this muscles tone and tighten .
2 Promotes good posture- abs are very important for maintaining in a good posture, planking are also great for balance and stability. Over time, you’ll stand up straight and achieve a broader range of movement.
3. Increases Flexibility- an article published by Mercola says that flexibility is improve during constant work of the back and shoulder muscles in the plank position. The shoulder blades will stretch and give a better range of motion.
Here we have a video that shows a total breakdown of how to do a proper plank.
Thanks for reading. SHARE if you LIKE.